My First Ride on a Train教案
the seventh period
the general idea of this period
in this period, we’re going to learn cultural corner, it will tell us something about the maglev, then we’ll do the exercises in the workbook.
1. learn some useful expressions.
2. train the students’ reading ability.
3. get the students to know something about maglev.
teaching important point
learn and master the following useful expressions:
at a speed...
attend the opening ceremony
teaching difficult point
how to help the students understand the passage correctly.
1. fast reading and careful reading to understand the passage exactly.
2. pair work or group work to make every student work in class.
1. a tape recorder
2. a multimedia
step 1 greetings
greet the class as usual.
step 2 preparation for reading
1. show some pictures on the screen. and tell the students something about them.
2. ask some students to say some sentences for each vehicle.
step 3 lead-in
t: what kind of train is the fastest one in the world? where is it? have you ever been to shanghai? do you know anything about the maglev. today let’s learn the maglev—the fast train in the world (on blackboard).
step 4 fast-reading
1. some new words:
magnetically levitated vacuum
2. play the tape for the students to listen. first get them to look at the questions (on the screen).
q1: what are the main differences between a magnetically levitated train and an ordinary train?
q2: what are the advantages of traveling on a maglev train?
3. get the students to answer them individually or in pairs.
4. teacher gives the suggested answers:
(1) it is faster, less noising and uses less energy.
(2) you travel very quickly and quietly. the train uses less energy.
step 5 careful-reading
1. get the students to read by themselves, with carefulness, ask them to pay attention to their correct pronunciation.
2. get the students to find out the topic sentence for each paragraph.