module 5 time
i. objectives 1
1. language skill
(1) can tell the time in english
(2) can draw a clock showing the time
2. language knowledge
4 skills: breakfast, usually, break, egg, milk, o’clock, lunch, dinner, rice, bun, chinese, maths, art, music, p.e. get up, it’s time to…, too, late, must, go to school, back, go back, go to bed
3 skills: juice, coffee, noodles, rice noodles, porridge, subject, break, history, goodbye
what do you usually have breakfast?
we have bread, juice and eggs.
when / what time do you have breakfast?
i usually have breakfast at about seven o’clock
jean has english lesson from nine o’clock to ten o’clock on monday.
what time is it ?
it’s seven thirty
it’s time to get up.
unit 13: our arrangement
unit 14: time to go to school
unit 15: development
(1) to connect time to the pupil’s daily lives o
(2) encourage the pupils to have fun acting out the actions.
(3) to encourage the use of the imagination
4. learning strategy
(1) cognitive strategy
(2) regulating strategy
(3) communicative resource
5. cultural consciousness
(1) to provide further practice of understanding and using numbers and time expressions.
(2) visual aids such as a globe of the world a map, photos of the cities etc, would help to get the concept of time difference over to the pupils
ii. difficult points
1. c & u noun
2. what do you usually have breakfast?
we have bread, juice and egg.
what time / when do you have…?
i usually have … at…
3. jean has english lesson from nine o’clock to the o’clock on monday.
4. what time is it?
5. it’s time to ….
iii. schedule: 6 long-periods
iv. materials: textbook, activity book, tapes, teacher’s book, word cards